Get in Bed # 4 af·fil·i·ate/v. əˈfɪliˌeɪt; n. əˈfɪliɪt, -ˌeɪt/
–verb (used with object)
4. to adopt. As in Get in Bed with…
5. Law . to fix the paternity of, as an illegitimate child: The mother affiliated her child upon John Doe. As in get in bed with…
–verb (used without object)
8. Commerce . Book Bloggers can affiliate with Indie Bookstores and share in the profits of books sold via their blog. Indie Bookstores can affiliate with any commerce concern that seeks to sell books online by sharing in the profits of books sold via the commerce concern. As to commerce, affiliate and reseller and often interchanged.
9. a person who is affiliated; associate; auxiliary. SIBA’s core bookstore members are affiliated with SIBA.
Use affiliate in a Sentence: “I look forward to the day where all of SIBA’s Indie Bookstores are selling books and ebooks online via their own websites and via affiliates of the communities they already support like book bloggers, authors, local schools, churches, libraries, other retailers, and more than I can imagine.”
FOR WEEK FOUR:
1. Check out some affiliate options by clicking on affiliate & affiliation throughout the above dictionary entry. Consider applying to be an affiliate of an indie bookstore.
1. See if your online shopping cart option offers an affiliate program.
That’s it. Stop. More next week unless you’d like to do this *****BONUS ACTIVITY*****