It has been a month since SIBA and we have been very busy. First of all let me say I have been attending SIBA over 20 years. As owner & bookseller at B&L Books over 23 years, I also attend SIBA as an exhibitor of our inventory control software program, The UBIC System. SIBA 2010 was one of the best for both. As a bookseller, I learned a lot about social networking, blogging, and e-commerce. I also got some insight into hosting events in the store and how to tie all this together. The trade show offered some great opportunities for us to learn more about children's and young adult books and incentive discounts especially from Penguin. Their rep was on top of everything. At HarperCollins we grabbed onto the idea to have a story time ticket event for Scaredy-cat Splat, which we incorporated into our Customer Appreciation Day last Saturday. We provided cat-ear headbands and face painting along with a goody bag, activities, and story reading all for the price of the book. The kids loved it and we had a good time doing it. Later that same afternoon we had Roxanne St. Claire in for an author signing. As an exhibitor at SIBA 2010, we were very pleased with the traffic and the opportunity to spend time with interested parties. I am glad to see ABA offering a new membership for bookstores whose inventory is 75% used. There are many independents who sell both new and used books and we are hoping to see some seminars for independents like us in the near future. Thank you Wanda and Nicki and Matt for all you do to make SIBA so great. Jan Packwood B&L Books 990 N. State Road 434 #1140 Altamonte Springs, FL 32714 407 682-0090 firstname.lastname@example.org
Supporting Southern Indie Booksellers with shameless acts of everyday promotion
#SIBA10 Delivered at Every Level
Comments are closed.
- RT @CoxTV: Fans of #CriminalMinds, UNITE! Follow us and RT to WIN NOW for a chance to grab swag from the show!
- #criminalminds looks like ebola to me
- Pat Conroy Named Editor-at-Large for USC Press http://t.co/iSBZtyBK4V
- - You will never guess Warren's secret to smart! The Buffett Formula — How To Get Smarter http://t.co/j0u2NDNawS
Become a Fan on FacebookSouthern Independent Booksellers Alliance on Facebook
- Iconic bookstore owner closing downtown Newnan shop after 36 years
- Why should kids have all the fun?
- Higher education scholarships to available to bookstore employees.
- 2013 WNBA PANNELL AWARD NOMINEES
- An awesome membership offer from the ABA
- LIBRARY BOUND BESTSELLER LIST January 2013
- #SIBA12: Booklovers at the Beach
- A. G. S. Johnson Shares #SIBA12 Experience
- #SIBA12: Oreos, Paper Bags and Bibliophiles
- Leslie McGuirk Shares her #SIBA12 Experience
TagsAmp Artists arts Bestseller List Blog Blogger Bloggers book Books bookseller Booksellers Bookstore bookstores consumers Core Member exhibit facebook Favorite Book Google GTD independent Independent Booksellers Independent Bookstore Independent Bookstores Indie Bookstore Indie Bookstores Lucky Charms Moveable Feast Nicki Publication Experience publisher read reading retail S Books siba social network Social Networking Southern Independent Booksellers Alliance Superstitions trade show tradeshow twitter Wanda Writing A Book