We are looking forward to seeing you in Charleston. We are in touch with all of the southern booksellers and they are excited to see you in Charleston as well. We want to help you make the most of your time before, during, and after the #SIBA11 Trade Show. We’ll start with BEFORE and we’ll do during, and after soon.
- Visit www.tradeshow.sibaweb.com/exhibitors and look to the right to log in with your User Name & Password. If you don’t know your User Name & Password, email email@example.com and she can have it sent to you. Once logged in, you will see extensive instructions also to your right.
- Once logged in, you will be at Submit a Listing. This listing is used in the trade show directory (first 50 words), in emails to booksellers, and here on the SIBA Trade Show site. A good listing shares with booksellers why they should visit your booth. Offering a show discount of free shipping, or increased terms, a raffle, or the opportunity to meet an author are all good ways to interest booksellers in coming by the booth. So is individually wrapped candy, giveaways and announcements of new products or services.
- Once you save your listing, please go look at it and make sure it looks like you want it to look. If it does, then Tweet it with the provided Tweet button.
- Speaking of Tweeting, follow @SIndies and use #SIBA11 when talking all things fall & all things bookselling – Hundreds of booksellers follow & track these items on Twitter and you want to be part of the conversation.
- Encourage your authors who will be featured at #SIBA11 whether at the show in person or not, to follow and tweet about SIBA as well as share info on Facebook that we can support with our social networks.
- Share your participation at #SIBA11 on your Facebook page as well. I only learned today that if you have both a personal Facebook, and a few pages (SIBA hosts 3 facebook pages – http://www.facebook.com/ReaderMeetWriter, http://www.facebook.com/ClubRead, and http://www.facebook.com/SouthernIndependentBooksellersAlliance ) that you can go to the upper right hand corner, click on account, and choose Use Facebook as Page; and Friend or Like from that point of view. Who knew? Use these free tools.
- Email me firstname.lastname@example.org and let me know you & your author Twitter & Facebook accounts so we can support you thru our extensive social networking efforts to southern booksellers and the industry as a whole.