Posts Tagged Jonathan Frazen
Neil White, In the Sanctuary of Outcasts, SIBA Non-Fiction Finalist: He lived among the last Americans imprisoned for a disease (leprosy) . . . and could not imagine a greater privilege
Favorite book as a child? The Little Engine That Could
What are you reading right now? Crooked Letter, Crooked Letter by Tom Franklin and Freedom by Jonathan Frazen
Share a favorite segment from your book… You not only the borin’est person . . . You the whitest man I ever met. You the man they was talkin’ about when they invented the word Honky
Why that title? Because my editor picked it from the text . . . I was thinking Lepers & Cons.
Why independent bookstores matter? The same reason family vacations, intimate dinners, reunions, church and time with friends matters. It’s personal. It’s about relationships.
Favorite part of writing a book? Writing a passage that has more meaning, more importance than I could ever muster. When the words are inspired, in spite of me
Least favorite part of writing a book? Copy editing
Are you working on anything new? Yes, just started a new novel called Outside.
Do you have any superstitions, lucky charms, or rituals around your writing? Yes, I surround write with closed windows, no clocks, no internet, no television . . . with lyric-less music playing.
Comment on the writing life… If it were easy or glamorous everyone would be doing it
Hardest part of the creation to publication experience? Waiting
Why do you write? Well, I had a story I really needed to tell.
When do you write? Early, early morning when others are still asleep so I feel like I’m stealing away time
When did you know you were a writer? Still not sure
What, or Who, will you dish on, as in gossip about? Rick Bragg (he beat me).
What would make you a scintillating dinner guest? I’ll drink just enough to reveal more than I should . . . but not so much as to truly offend anyone
Who is your favorite new author? Lydia Peele
What is your drink of choice? The only drink real men drink . . . Chardonnay!
What is your favorite food? Crab Cakes, Salmon, Filet,
Borin, Copy Editing, Crooked Letter, Dinner Guest, Family Vacations, Favorite Book, Honky, Independent Bookstores, Intimate Dinners, Jonathan Frazen, Leprosy, Lucky Charms, New Novel, Outcasts, Peele, Publication Experience, Rick Bragg, Rituals, Superstitions, Tom Franklin, Writing A Book
- RT @CoxTV: Fans of #CriminalMinds, UNITE! Follow us and RT to WIN NOW for a chance to grab swag from the show!
- #criminalminds looks like ebola to me
- Pat Conroy Named Editor-at-Large for USC Press http://t.co/iSBZtyBK4V
- - You will never guess Warren's secret to smart! The Buffett Formula — How To Get Smarter http://t.co/j0u2NDNawS
Become a Fan on FacebookSouthern Independent Booksellers Alliance on Facebook
- Iconic bookstore owner closing downtown Newnan shop after 36 years
- Why should kids have all the fun?
- Higher education scholarships to available to bookstore employees.
- 2013 WNBA PANNELL AWARD NOMINEES
- An awesome membership offer from the ABA
- LIBRARY BOUND BESTSELLER LIST January 2013
- #SIBA12: Booklovers at the Beach
- A. G. S. Johnson Shares #SIBA12 Experience
- #SIBA12: Oreos, Paper Bags and Bibliophiles
- Leslie McGuirk Shares her #SIBA12 Experience
TagsAmp Artists arts Bestseller List Blog Blogger Bloggers book Books bookseller Booksellers Bookstore bookstores consumers Core Member exhibit facebook Favorite Book Google GTD independent Independent Booksellers Independent Bookstore Independent Bookstores Indie Bookstore Indie Bookstores Lucky Charms Moveable Feast Nicki Publication Experience publisher read reading retail S Books siba social network Social Networking Southern Independent Booksellers Alliance Superstitions trade show tradeshow twitter Wanda Writing A Book