Posts Tagged Legare
Karen White, The Girl on Legare Street, SIBA Fiction Nominee is the bestselling and sleep-deprived author of twelve “grit lit” novels and Southern ghost stories.
Favorite book as a child? Time at the Top by Edmund Ormondroyd
What are you reading right now? Sarah’s Key by Tatiana de Rosnay
Why that title? The book involves a house on Legare Street in Charleston and a female ghost so I didn’t have to think that hard…
Why independent bookstores matter? They are the sugar in my sweet tea. Knowledgeable, passionate, dedicated—and unparalleled!
Favorite part of writing a book? Typing “The End.”
Least favorite part of writing a book? The middle. That’s about the point in the book where I think to myself, “this sucks.”
Are you working on anything new? I’m currently working on THE BEACH TREES, set in Biloxi, Mississippi, which will be out in May, 2011.
Do you have any superstitions, lucky charms, or rituals around your writing? My dog, Quincy. He’s four years old and since he was a puppy he’s glued himself to my side while I’m writing.
Comment on the writing life… If it were easy, everybody would be doing it.
Hardest part of the creation to publication experience? The copy edits. When I type The End I, really don’t want to see it again.
Why do you write? Because I can’t imagine not writing. Because hearing from readers who have been touched by my writing is the icing on my cupcake.
When do you write? Whenever I can. I love writing early in the morning the best, though, and wake up super early 7 days a week to do that.
When did you know you were a writer? I’m still trying to convince myself… Seriously, until about my 12th book, I thought this whole “writing as a career” thing was a fluke!
15. What, or Who, will you dish on, as in gossip about, at dinner? Wanda Jewell. There is SO much material there.
16. What will make you a scintillating dinner guest? I have the sense of humor of a 16-year-old boy so I’ll laugh at anything.
17. Who is your favorite new author? Kathryn Stockett.
18. What is your drink of choice? Diet Dr. Pepper. I’m addicted.
19. What is your favorite food? Anything chocolate or fried. Both would be preferable.
Biloxi Mississippi, Child Time, Cupcake, Dinner Guest, Favorite Book, Female Ghost, Ghost Stories, Independent Bookstores, Jewell, Karen White, Legare, Lucky Charms, Publication Experience, Sense Of Humor, siba, Southern Ghost, Sweet Tea, Time At The Top, Writing A Book, Writing As A Career
Become a Fan on FacebookSouthern Independent Booksellers Alliance on Facebook
- If you are a bookstore employee, you may contact the Book Industry Charitable (Binc) Foundation for assistance
- An Open Letter to Booksellers from Robert Hicks
- An Open Letter to President Barack Obama
- Another Point of View – Thank You Richard Krawiec
- Iconic bookstore owner closing downtown Newnan shop after 36 years
- Why should kids have all the fun?
- Higher education scholarships to available to bookstore employees.
- 2013 WNBA PANNELL AWARD NOMINEES
- An awesome membership offer from the ABA
- LIBRARY BOUND BESTSELLER LIST January 2013
TagsAmp Artists arts Bestseller List Blog Blogger Bloggers book Books bookseller Booksellers Bookstore bookstores consumers Core Member facebook Favorite Book Google GTD independent Independent Booksellers Independent Bookstore Independent Bookstores Indie Bookstore Indie Bookstores Jewell Lucky Charms Moveable Feast Nicki Publication Experience publisher read reading retail S Books siba social network Social Networking Southerner Southern Independent Booksellers Alliance Superstitions trade show twitter Wanda Writing A Book